Friday, December 14, 2018

Middle School

I have been reassigned to a Middle School one day a week.  Supposedly we do not have enough students for me to work at Ocean Beach Elementary.  I had 19 but was bumped.  Now I have 19 and only get to work four days a week to get all my work done.  I just love San Diego School District.

At the middle school, I sit in classes so their Spec Ed teachers can have a period off to do their work. I am supposed to co-teach but usually just get to sit in the back and watch the general education teacher teach.

I don’t even know who in the class is a special education student.  I see many bright students not care and do not do the work.  During tests, I am not even allowed to read the problem to the students.  It seems like a waste.  I would like to help but do not know how to help.

In this classroom, all the students are on their computers.  They are supposed to be working on writing a narrative as a group project.  Today there is another aide in the classroom.  The last two times I was here there was not an aide present.

I will keep you posted on how my day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment